Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My New Assessment Plan

I am trying to really turn my focus in class to assessment.  The idea is to get the students to focus more on what they know and not so much on "how many points did I get"?  I am trying to work on some type of structure for me and for the students to follow.  The steps incorporate multiple feedback steps for students to help identify problem areas and areas of strength.

I am hoping to tweak this over the next few weeks leading up to the end of first semester (and Christmas break!).

Here is what I have so far . . .  do you do anything similar? different but works?  thoughts/suggestions?

My Assessment Plan

1.  Feedback Assessment - check for right answers / circle wrong answers

2.  “Fix it” Assignment - watch video / complete form explaining mistake / create “good ones”

3.  Feedback Assignment - “review assignment” - teacher comments

4.  Graded Assessment - grade that goes into progressbook

5.  Individual Reassessment (if needed)

No comments:

Post a Comment