Saturday, August 25, 2012

Week 1 Reflection

Week 1 Reflection:

Overall - a great group of students with lots of energy, good senses of humor, and a lot of the same strengths/weaknesses of classes I've taught previously.  I really need to look at how I want to differentiate the students, the activities, assessments, etc.

Cons:  Technology is slow at this time - missing some connectors for my whiteboard and students do not have the Android Acer Tablet as of yet.  It surprised me this week how much not having access to my interactive whiteboard threw me off.  It allows so much flexibility and adaptability on the fly during class.

Geometry / Honors Geometry - focused on isometric drawings / basic constructions (daisy designs, angle bisectors / perpendicular bisectors).  I so want to rock geogebra with these students but will have to wait on that once the tech stuff is worked out.

Algebra - mixed it up throughout the week - focused on algebraic translation, evaluating expressions, calculator basics, and a handful of various activities to see student personalities, effort, motivation, understanding, etc. - there are definite, noticeable levels in these classes - some very strong, and some not so strong students.

Things to think about for next week - pre assessing / creating parallel tasks / creating "I can statements" = SBG grade set up.

1 comment:

  1. The Good News: The fact that you were thrown off your game without technology is truly a sign of just how far you have come in your teaching skills.

    The Bad News: A BRAND NEW 21ST CENTURY BUILDING WITH LITTLE OR NO TECH!

    #frustration

    ReplyDelete