Sunday, June 17, 2012

You Tube Channel

So finally started to make my flipclass videos for Algebra I.  I have Unit 0-1: Expressions completed, and now have gotten half of the Unit 0-2: Solving Equations completed.

Kind of strange without an audience to talk to and kind of guide through . . . I am a "feel" type teacher. If I sense the majority of the class has the material down, then I can move quicker.  And vice versa.  It's going to be interesting to see how the different levels of understanding are going to become apparent I think more quickly in the flipclass set up.

Also, those with motivation/effort issues will be apparent quickly as well.

themathboyle you tube channel

I am using screenr.com to create the screencasts.  Just seems so simple at this point.  I'm not worried about the editing and all that.  I really want to get the content side of the videos together . . . as I become more experienced with the flipclass, then I'll look more into the editing.

Would love to get some feedback and ideas on how to make the videos more student friendly.  Not sure how to set up question spots and other options.  I think those will be videos I create on the fly when I realize that there's a need for a special focus video.


No comments:

Post a Comment